Wednesday, May 28, 2008

November 1, 1577

Plymouth, England

Ever since the great Marco Polo embarked on his great journey into China in the 1200’s, every explorer dreams of the success he had and the amount of goods he brought home. He brought great success to his home country and eventually out his country into a position to become dominant and reach out for colonization. Every nation wishes for this. They want to go out and expand their nation and colonize in new places, with the finest spices for food, the smoothest silks for the most comfortable clothes, and the most beautiful jewels or the royal nobilities and some for ourselves. I wish to do this for England. I hope when I go out and beat all the other nations there, I wish to be the man to open the new world for England and expand their nation and turn it into a dominant force. I hope Queen Elizabeth will be awed by my success and defeat of the other nations wishing for the same success.

No comments: